Golfers the world over vie to play Royal Troon's famous courses and we encourage visitors to experience one of the most demanding Championship courses on the circuit.
Royal Troon Golf Club (Established 1878) has pleasure in accepting Visitors and under the following conditions.
A current certificate of Handicap must be produced.
Maximum Handicap allowed: Gentlemen 20. Ladies 30.
Members, guests and visitors are respectfully reminded of the expected standards of dress on the courses, the Practice Ground and in the Clubhouse.
Please avoid embarrassing situations by following the code, as no member of staff is permitted to allow any exception to this code. The Caddiemaster has the authority to decide on acceptable attire.
- Golf shirts must have collars, turtle or polo necks; collarless shirts, T-shirts, rugby or football shirts and any shirts carrying slogans, numbers or illustrations that are not golf related, are not permitted.
- Shirts must be tucked into trousers at all times.
- Trousers and shorts should be tailored and appropriate for golf. Blue denim, paramilitary or camouflage style trousers, cargo pants, cut-offs or tracksuits are not permitted.
- All recognised golfing headwear is acceptable but caps with a peak must be worn with the peak at the front.
- Spikes or rubber soled golf shoes must be worn on the courses; trainers are not permitted on the courses, Practice Ground or in the Clubhouse.
- Metal spiked shoes, waterproofs and hats may be worn to and from the Locker Rooms but are not permitted in other areas of the Clubhouse. Please use the North Entrance for access to and from the courses.
- Casual golf wear and clean soft spiked golf shoes may be worn
- (a) In the Club Bar
- (b) In the Ailsa Room (except after 6.30pm on a Saturday evening and on a Sunday between the hours of 11.30am - 3.30pm or at any time a ”Jacket and Tie” function is being held)
- (c) In the Dining Room on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday during the visitor season
- Jacket and tie must be worn in the Smoke Room and Dining Room unless otherwise directed by the Committee (note (c) above)
- Changing clothing and/or shoes in the car park is not permitted.
Please request in advance. Subject to availability at a cost of £45.00 per round.
Trolley rental is £5.00
Electric caddy cart £20.00 per round (limited availability).
Club Hire £50.00 per round - Available from the Club Professional - Mr Kieron Stevenson.
Articles of value should not be left in vehicles or in the Locker Rooms as the Club cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage.
Mobile phones must be in silent mode and are not permitted to be used to make or receive calls in the Clubhouse or on the Courses except in the case of an emergency.
Couriers or coach drivers are allowed access to the Clubhouse.
It is in Visitors' interest to ensure that vehicles are securely locked and valuables kept out of sight as Royal Troon Golf Club cannot be held responsible for loss or damage. Changing of golf clothing, shoes and partaking of snacks in the car park is strictly forbidden.
Essential maintenance to the greens may take place during October which may result in the use of some temporary greens.
Slow Play is not acceptable and players taking excessive time will be warned or asked to leave the course. Players are asked to give way if they are holding up the match behind.
Children under 16 years of age are not permitted on the Old Course or in the Clubhouse
Mobile phones must be in silent mode and are not permitted to be used to make or receive calls in the Clubhouse or on the Courses except in the case of emergency.
Our Green Staff take every care in preparing the courses for your enjoyment.
Please assist by:- repairing pitch marks, replacing divots, raking bunkers and replacing rakes after use.
Soft spiked shoes are acceptable in the Club Bar and Ailsa Room.
The Club reserves the right to amend or rescind any or all of those conditions at any time. Notice of such change will be given whenever possible.