The Adam Wood Clubs
In 1915, Adam Wood (Captain 1893 - 1897), gifted to the Club a set of golf clubs, which are considered to be the oldest set of clubs in existence.
The clubs were discovered in a boarded up cupboard in the Maister House in the City of Hull. Along with the clubs was found a newspaper dated 1741.
Expressed opinions have been that the clubs belonged to the time of the Stuart Kings.
The clubs are currently on display at the British Golf Museum in St Andrews and replicas are on display within Royal Troon's Clubhouse.