The Clubhouse of today is vastly different from that which was in place in the late 1870s.
At that time it was a wooden structure, little more than 300 square feet in area, but it was an improvement on the Club's first home which was a converted railway carriage.
As the popularity of the game increased, it was considered fitting to erect a stone built property and in 1886 the first stage of the present Clubhouse was completed.
Two major extensions were completed before 1900 incorporating the Smoke Room and the magnificent Dining Room, both of which to this day contain many of the original features.
As the game of golf evolved, gentle and subtle changes have been made to accommodate the golfer of the present generation.
In the early part of 1970s the Ailsa Room was erected and most recently (2006) the Clubhouse was redeveloped to provide an extended Ailsa Room, an integral Professional Shop, new offices, and in general a fully upgraded and newly furnished Clubhouse. This provides a place of warmth and charm, where the golfer may relax in comfortable surroundings.
A visitor to Royal Troon will enjoy the ambience which pervades within and will delight in the many artefacts which decorate the Main Corridor and Reception Lobby.